"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Friday, May 6, 2011

A Wonderful Charity Challenge

Insights From SewCalGal at http://www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com/ has posted about a Charity Quilt Block Challenge which will benefit Quilts of Valor.  QOV donates quilts to wounded military personnel and veterans.    I know I'm blessed to have my sewing/crocheting talent, as well as to live in a free country that allows me to use my talents to do whatever I want with them.  So I'm joining in on this Challenge.  For all of the information, including the giveaway associated with it, please visit Insights From SewCalGal's post at  http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/2011/05/charity-quilt-block-challenge-call-for.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+InsightsFromSewcalgal+%28Insights+From+SewCalGal%29 

To illustrate how easy it is to help this cause, I will show you the quilt block I made today which took no time at all to complete.  The block is called Freedom Star:

I found this pattern by doing a search for "patterns for QOV."  I saw this block done up with patriotic prints and it looked great so I'll have to go shopping:)  The only patriotic fabric I have is New England Patriots fabric and that won't fly with a Jets or Vikings fan:)

God Bless You.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out for this Charity Quilt Block Challenge and for all you do. Love your patriotic Freedom Star quilt block too.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)