I thought for sure that by the end of last week I would have finished the Wreath Quilt from Erik's Homemade Mystery QAL. http://erikhomemade.typepad.com
In this photo I wonder if you can see the holes from the stitching that took 1 and 1/2 days to rip out?
I've decided to applique crocheted stars and such to the cream/white area within the wreath. I found this star pattern in one of my old issues of Hooked On Crochet, June 2007, designed by Kathleen Munyan.
I'm also sewing red buttons to the inner and outer wreath angles.
So, now I am aiming for the end of August to have this quilt done.
I've been wanting to use my new tumbler die for my AccuQuilt GO!. I've had it since early June, so I would say I've showed remarkable self control in waiting this long to play with it. I was so certain I knew what fabric I would use, mainly a mix of lights, mediums and darks, but then I saw a quilt that changed my mind. It was a circle quilt made using mostly yellows in bright and light shades. I let that quilt influence me and cut out 143 tumblers.
I hope I like it when it's put together.
I plan to cut some of the tumbers in half for the border area. We'll see if that works, too.