I made this block twice. The first time, the last three seams did not line up, and the lateral lines of the stars were off. I was going to give up because the damage appeared so big, but while dozing last night it came to me that I should take it apart and start from the beginning. So I ripped every seam out, measured each piece to be sure I cut correctly and began again. This time it went much better. No fabric wasted, just thread.
I have sewn outfits that didn't give me as much trouble as quilting gives me, at times.
I order fabric online and on sale, and over the past year in different orders was able to get quite a few prints of this line which I'm using for the Radiant Star blocks.
This is much different than my usual pastels, flowers, or cute images, but I think making the stars in a mix of this fabric will be nice.
I didn't use this mix but will do eventually.
I didn't practice FMQ today (can't rip out stitches and sew at the same time,) but SewCalGal gave us a link today to a blogger who I enjoyed reading. You may already be familiar with Geta's blog, but if not it's worth visiting. http://cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.com/2009/10/free-motion-quilting-tips.html
I did learn another thing today. Those short seam rippers are for the birds! I'm getting an ergonomic seam ripper as a New Year's gift to myself.
Have fun with your crafts.
God Bless You.