"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Beginning Blockheads and Solstice Continued

 On the Moda blog, The Cutting Table, a BOW by 6 designers has begun.  I was drawn to it because the people involved tend to make traditional designs and their fabrics are primitive/reproduction types, which I also like.  The first block, Whirlygig, was given by Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles.  I had a Moda Scrap Bag to use which worked great because the pieces were 3.5 inches wide, the called for width. I'll see how far I can stretch it.
The 6.5 inch blocks seemed so small to me after making the super sized blocks for Solstice.

This week's block, Jacob's Ladder, is 18.5 inches.  

When I layed out all of my Solstice blocks it looks to me as if I have two quilts going.
I pulled out the darker floral.
What was left looked more harmonious to me.

It's might be too early to be playing around like this, but going forward I'll be choosing blocks for each separate quilt.  I don't think the fabrics work together.

I had a week taking care of a sick person, me, but things are looking up.
Stay well and God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. I do hope you're feeling much better. It's no fun being sick. I do like your projects and it's a good thing the Moda scrap bag came in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy & get better. Looking forward to seeing all these projects come along, especially Solstice now becoming 2 quilts instead of one. Huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this block printed off as I also love these designers , I haven't gotten time to make it yet though. Your solstice blocks are just beautiful , great job . Hope you are feeling better now , it's a nasty bug . Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)