"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Nice Things


I finished the first lapghan, and as you can see, it passes Moxie's comfort test, so that's a relief.


I used a pattern from July/August Crochet Today and Caron yarn. It's a big granny square with a pretty border. And I love working with this yarn. It's very easy going with it. My lapghan measures about 36 inches square. I have another pattern for the next one, which I'll begin tonight maybe. I also have a pattern for an easy quilt to make. If that goes quickly, I'll make another, and they'll be part of my donation parcel to the hospital.


I won a $25.00 gift certificate from Sew Mama Sew to their shop for the June Make It and Wear It event, and I am so happy about that. I don't often get a concrete reward for things I make, but it's nice when it happens.

This is a little make-up holder that's part of the Make a Bag sal that Kelly from MAKE is leading. Isn't it cute? I love the size, and I think it's a great idea for a small purse item. I need to adjust the inside pocket sizes to suit me, but I like that it's a space saver.


God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)