"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Full Day of Sewing

Today was like going to work except I was in sewing heaven.  I began sewing around 10 a.m. and just stopped for good around 8:30 p.m.  I caught up on the Erik Homemade Ezine Christmas Mystery qal by putting on two borders.  I think these borders just add so much to this quilt top.   That was one accomplishment.

I made the two blocks for the Scatty Stars Christmas qal so I'm up to date on that. 

Last month's star pattern is still my favorite.  But there are plenty more to go.


I finished the Regency quilt top, with one obvious mistake.  I think that  that once this is sandwiched, quilted and had the binding sewn on it will be a treasure.  I love, love this fabric.


My three accomplishments for today.  I also have a flannel backing to put on a quilt top I put together last year.  I have had that project pending for a while but keep committing myself to other things so it isn't done yet.   Tomorrow I plan to get that backing sewn and the quilt sandwich made, and I plan to play with clay.  I bought some polymer clay with plans on making decorative pin heads or scissor charms.  That's probably something I didn't need to get myself into, but I want to try it. I also have to cross stitch this week's pattern for the Easter sal so I can get the next design. 

God Bless You.  Hope all of your projects are going well.




3 comments:

  1. I love how you're doing your stars one on light and one on a dark background.


    The top you finished is just gorgeous. I love the colours, and the design. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had an amazing sewing day! Everything you created looks fantastic. Love the Regency quilt top - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Regency quilt! It's bigger than I thought it was going to be - and Moxie is doing a good job as a model!

    Lovely to see the crocus in bloom. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)