"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Monday, September 1, 2014

Mix '`n Match Sew Along Progress

I've added the sashing and sewn the blocks together.  I omitted the cornerstones, even though I love how they look.  I thought the top looked busy enough with this fabric and didn't have an appropriate fabric to use anyway.  

If I had had enough of the brown leaf fabric I think it would have made a nice sashing.  I have some fabric left over so I might play with it to see on a smaller project.  The piano key border will add about 6 inches on each side so this will be a nice size when finished.  I'm thinking of backing it in flannel, but that's not certain.

Hope everyone enjoyed Labor Day 2014.
God Bless.

5 comments:

  1. What a great quilt Joanna , wow you were quick with this one ! Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A piano key border will set it off nicely. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt top is gorgeous! You must be so proud of yourself. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that and look forward to seeing the finished product. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)