The Christmas Quiltalong will take place on the 2nd weekend of each month Jun – Nov, with a grand parade in December. Its purpose is for us to create a Christmas project in plenty of time for the festive season.
We’ll have a giggle sewing along together in our little ‘retreat’ weekends! There might some non-quilting activities to keep us in the mood.
Your hostess will open the QAL on Saturday with an invite to link up – you can link in any time over the weekend; just join us when you can and blog with a new post about what you are working on within the weekend – come and visit all the participants! Then the weekend will wind down with a final post from your hostess on Sunday.
It would be great to use this time to work on Christmas projects – or why don’t you pick up the gauntlet that we are throwing down ... are you up for a challenge...?
Find the Rules Here.
Make a quilt on the theme of Christmas without using the colours red or green.
The small print:
· The quilt may be any style, as long as it has two layers of fabric enclosing wadding, secured by quilting or tying
· It may be any shape, but must measure no more than 96” around the outside edges. ie, it could be a square 24” x 24”, a rectangle 8” x 40”, a triangle measuring 36” on each side, a circle with a diameter of 30”, or any other shape you can think of, as long as the total outside edges do not add up to more than 96”
· If the design is not your own, you must credit the original designer
· It must be completed, including binding, in time for your final photo to be included in our grand parade in December
· You will be asked to send one photo of your finished quilt with a ruler along the longest edge to prove it meets size restrictions to your hostess in December
· To be eligible to win the prize you must have joined at least three of the Quiltalong Linky parties with a post during the weekend showing what you are working at that time.